Global Command

Global Command

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SOLC 5: A Nuclear Reactor

Yesterday was pretty strange. I went to a nuclear reactor (I am not making this up). In math class. Before walking into the reactor room, our guide had us clip on dosimeters (really fancy things the size of a highlighter that make sure you don't fall over and die of a radiation overdose). He then put his thumb on a biometric scanner to open the doors to go into the reactor room. Once we got in the reactor room, I saw that the reactor was about the size of a hot tub. The water in it was also about the same temperature as a hot tub. However, it is NOT a hot tub. Swimming in it would probably either kill you, or (probably not) make you grow a third leg.
"This is our nuclear reactor." Our guide said. "We use it to irradiate samples to determine..." I wasn't listening at this point. I was staring, mesmerized by the blue glow of the almost alien device below me. I mean, it looked like some crazy Warp drive/Tesseract hybrid. It looked like something from a science fiction movie. I stood there for a while until we had to go, amazed by the reactor.

SGC

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture, it perfectly illustrates your writing. I remember taking the trip and thinking the same thing. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the photo, also I wouldn't want a third leg. I really like the that you called the reactor a "crazy Warp drive/tesseract hybrid. the photo clearly shows the warp drive/tesseract.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really good Jonah! The reactor is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The actual reactor was really awesome. I think that this would be the best aquarium ever.

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You