Global Command

Global Command

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SOLC 4/Book Post: Steelheart

Hello everybody! Here is a brief little blurb about me.
I am a male 8th grader in Linda's class at the Logan School. I live in Denver Colorado and love to go skiing. I like to wear hoodies, t-shirts and jeans. I like to listen to ambient music and 80's/90's pop like Oasis. I live on planet Earth, a mostly harmless planet. This is my blog!

This week, for a quick and very easy read, I read Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. In Steelheart, after an event called the Calamity, ordinary humans started gaining amazing powers. They were called Epics, and they soon force the population to serve them. No one fights their rule, except a mysterious group of people called the Reckoners. David wants to become a Reckoner, and kill the most powerful Epic, a man named Steelheart.

I liked the plot of this book, but it was a very easy, low reading level read. Also, some of the parts of the story are just plain stupid. Take for instance, the Epics. WHY NAME YOUR BAD GUYS EPICS? It makes them sound like people who just skateboard/snowboard (nothing against skateboarders or snowboarders here) all day long filming everything on GoPro and saying "Epic man!". Also, why name your good guys "Reckoners"? PLEASE GET SOMETHING CREATIVE! Sigh. At least I get to read something else next week. This book tried very hard to earn it's low score of 3.2/10.

SGC

P.S. Its an okay plot, but not exactly the most creative minor details. It has lots of cliches.

7 comments:

  1. Those 'lots of cliches' are hard to take in any book, I agree. Hope there's something better on your TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good thing that you tried it! Hope that you have better luck next time!
    P.S I like how you wrote your review! It sounds really casual and like your actually talking to the readers. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really bad. Nice review Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be sure to not read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like I won't be reading this anytime soon...or ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this line, "This book tried very hard to earn it's low score of 3.2/10".
    Made me smile!

    Hope you like your next pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound very angry in your words that it was funny. I get when you said why name the bad guys"epic" and you writing this made me laugh. I really do hope you find a book to your liking! Celes(Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You