Global Command

Global Command

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Hunt For Red October


This week, I read The Hunt For Red October by Tom Clancy. The Hunt For Red October (THFRO) is a book about the new Russian stealth submarine, The Red October. The captain of the Red October, Marko Ramius decides to defect to the United States. He tells the crew that they are going to Cuba, while he and his officers prepare to defect. Meanwhile, Jack Ryan, a CIA analyst is given the job of figuring out why the entire Soviet Navy is deployed in what they say is a "rescue mission". Will Jack be successful in discovering the truth? Will the Red October fall into Russian or American hands?
I really liked this book because of how intriguing the plot was. I also liked how technical and believable all of the scenarios and characters in this book were. I really liked how the author used interesting plot details to make the entire story much more believable and interesting. The only thing that I did not like about this book was that sometimes, there was too much jargon used in conversations between characters.
Overall, I really liked this book, and would recommend it to anyone who likes books that suck you in and don't let you go. I would give this book an 7.5/10

-SGC

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this book seems really cool, the characters seem interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this book seems really cool, the characters seem interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book. Have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this a long time ago, & Clancy is known for his technical knowledge. I wonder how it would be written today with the new tech? What kind of plot details did you enjoy, Jonah?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon,
    No I have not seen the movie.

    Linda,
    I liked the plot details like the how the conversations between the President and the Russian Ambassador escalated in intensity throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds really interesting. Why do you think Marko Ramius decided to defect to the United States?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the movie, and I didn't know there was a book! I will try to read the book

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You