Global Command

Global Command

Monday, February 2, 2015

Shogun: Week 2 of 2

This week, I finished the amazing book Shogun. Shogun is an amazing story of an Englishman (Blackthorne) who becomes an aide to a Japanese warlord. Blackthorne struggles to learn Japanese, understand the cultural norms, and evade death. This book is one of the best historical fiction book I have ever read, and one of the best books I have read. It has an engrossing page-turning plot that pulls me in and makes me want to read more of it. This book has amazing characters who come alive with their struggle for power and success.  This book never has slow parts.
I liked how the author depicted the complex plot and characters. The ending of the book surprised me and served to tie up all the loose ends. I can not give this amazing book enough praise. The one thing about the book is that it is an amazing 1152 pages long, in size 12 font.
Overall, I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an amazing book. I would compare this book in terms of complexity to the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. This book is an easy 11/10.


SGC

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I love when you like a book and it is extremely long. Nice review Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clavell has written other books, Jonah, & I've enjoyed them, too. Perhaps you would also enjoy them someday. One is titled Tai-Pan. So glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You