Global Command

Global Command

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

SOL 5: Little Things

Some of the most important objects to me are little things. Little objects, like my watch that I have worn every day for the past 4 years. If I take it off, I feel like part of me is missing, like I just lost my index fingers. I know every scratch on it, every little centimeter of its shining surface. It is almost part of me. My glasses are similar. Although I don't see the sides of my glasses all day, I do know exactly how the nose-grips lay on my nose, exactly how heavy the glasses are, and exactly how much the sides rest against the side of my skull. Without my glasses, I am incomplete. The last object I have know this intimately is my computer. I know exactly how far apart all of the keys on the keyboard are. I know precisely how each of the stickers on the back of my computer are placed and angled. I know exactly how my computer feels, both its hardware, and its operating system. These objects are what matter to me.

-SGC

5 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your 'little' things that are so important to you Jonah. The special bits about them make me interested in looking more closely at the things that are important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slice was really intriguing. I enjoyed the topic that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I think everybody has "little things" like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really good slice! I definitely couldn't write a slice about little things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you devoted just a few small things to one slice. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You