Global Command

Global Command

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SOLM 1: Song Of The Week+ My Taste In Music!

This week, the song of the week is You Get What You Give by the band New Radicals from their album Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too. I chose this song because of its insanely catchy beat and lyrics. As an INTERNATIONAL smash hit from 1998, it gets stuck in your head instantly, and won't leave. This song is one of my current favorite songs. This song gets an 9/10. You can listen to it below.



There are two basic genres of music that I like. The first genre is a mix of ambient and electronic music, in which I include artists like Deadmau5, Tycho, and Aphex Twin. The other genre is some older rap/beat heavy rock, like New Radicals, Oasis, Smash Mouth, Vanilla Ice (only Ice Ice Baby), Beck, and House of Pain.

SGC

6 comments:

  1. I like how you wrote this slice like a song review. It's a nice change of pace from normal slices which describe events or places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Get What you Give is a pretty cool song. Thanks for introducing that group to me.

      Delete
    2. Total one hit wonder group.

      Delete
  2. I also like that this slice is a song review. I might try doing a song review sometime soon. I also like deadmau5. his mansion is pretty freaking cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you gave us the song, too, Jonah. Great first slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your taste in music, Jonah. I like how you separate yourself from the rest of the youth.

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You