Global Command

Global Command

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

SOL 3: Arriving at School + Random Photo of a Panda

I cruise down a stretch of asphalt dusted white with millions of snowflakes, lounging in the passenger seat of my parents Prius. I glance at the impossibly slow minivan that creeps along in front of me, thinking of how early I would have arrived, except for the slow minivan. I have a theory about minivans. That theory is that most people who drive minivans are frightened by any weather other than 70 degrees and sunny. I look out the window and am slightly surprised to see that I can see Logan in the distance. In somewhat of a better mood, I punch the Audio button, wondering what is on NPR today. The radio starts in the middle of the Morning Edition people introducing the news. I listen to the news with minimal interest since no big new stories have popped up overnight, except if you can count the GOP fiercely denying and criticizing everything that Obama said in his state of the union speech. No big surprise there. I tune out and look out the window, noticing that we are slowly pulling into the loop. The loop is especially crowded today, including that slow minivan that I hate. I watch as the minivan slowly pulls into a parking spot, and then turn my attention to getting out of the car. I push open the passenger door, hop out, slam the passenger door, open one of the backseat doors, and grab my backpack. I shut the door and settle on my backpack, trudging up through the snow and towards another day at school.

Panda Drawing

4 comments:

  1. I liked the idea of writing about of your car ride. I also must admit that I am loving that panda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonah!
    I really liked how you described the minivan, especially the weather part. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a nice job capturing an ordinary moment and making it interesting comical. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your minivan theory! Nice slice Jonah!

    ReplyDelete

Skynet Global Command Thanks You